At the top of the Student 'Home' page is the Course Calendar, displaying the current date and course events:
To access the full course calendar, you will need to click the tile where the date is presented. Entering the Calendar will enable you to select a 'Week' or 'Month' view of your course timetable:
The Course Calendar will be populated with task deadlines, Online Lessons, Oral practice and other important Academic dates. By hovering over the ‘i’ (information) icon of calendar events you will find in-depth task information, including links to the Unit, Class, task area and scheduled Online Lessons (when applicable):
The 'Home' page provides quick access to upcoming Online Lessons:
By selecting the Online Lesson tile, you will be redirected to 'Study Mode' and have the option to join the live session:
It is important to note Online Lessons will only be available to join once the host, your Pamoja Teacher, has started the lesson. Upon completion, all Online Lesson recordings will be available from the task area.
The Key Contacts tile will provide details of your School's named Site-based Coordinator (SBC), who will provided onsite support throughout your Pamoja studies:
Selecting a listed contact will display key information, most importantly their contact email.
Selecting the ‘Home’ icon from the left-hand side menu you will find the following toggle:
To navigate to the 'Weekly View' you need to click the tab adjacent to the 'Classes' section of the 'Home' screen.
The lesson content and assignments presented in the Weekly View will be for the current Course Unit. This is an effective feature that supports focused study and meeting upcoming course deadlines. To view lesson content you will need to select the 'study mode' icon:
Navigating back to the toggle at the top of your 'Classes' section, you may select the 'List View' tab to view a complete Unit breakdown for the selected Pamoja Online Course. The 'List View' section enables quick access to weekly tasks, the task calendar, peer groups and updates.
The 'List View' for each individual subject has been sectioned into three components:
Units: Overview of all course Units delivered during the current Academic Year. Past units will be highlighted in Green, the current unit will be Orange, and upcoming units will be displayed as Red. Within each unit you may select the ‘show lessons’ dropdown to view all lesson components and tasks. The total number of Lessons and Tasks delivered in the unit will be clearly displayed next to the lesson dropdown. In order to complete each lesson, you must ‘Launch Study Mode’.
Tasks: Here you will find a chart of ‘Overall Task Completion’ for the current reporting window (three months). The grid presents a colour coded breakdown of all work set that Term. A solid green square indicates a task 'submitted' on time, a solid orange square indicates a 'late' submission, a solid blue square indicates a formative task, and finally a solid grey square 'pending' submission. Please note, if a task deadline has passed a grey square would indicate an outstanding course task and is visible to your Site-Based Coordinator. Scrolling down you will find an overview of all upcoming and completed tasks, with the option to ‘Submit Coursework’.
Updates: Here you will find course updates, comments and messages left by your classmates and Pamoja Teacher.
Study Mode is an essential tool for completing weekly lessons and engaging effectively with your Pamoja Online Course.
Study Mode will track all online course activity, marking lesson components ‘complete’ once accessed.
When working through weekly lessons simply click 'next' at the end of each component to move to the next page.
Stream & Resources can be used to navigate quickly between all Academic weeks delivered within each Unit.
Finally the 'notes' feature adjacent to the lesson page will enable active engagement of course material. Any recorded notes will be automatically saved and will remain visible throughout your Pamoja Online Course.
Tasks & Deadlines
By selecting the Tasks and Deadlines tile all upcoming and completed tasks will be displayed, detailing the following key points:
1. Date of Submission - The Calendar graphic indicates the submission deadline for each Task.
2. Task Title - The title will include the name of the task and Academic Week when delivered. A link will
also be embedded in the title, allowing users to redirect to the task page.
3. Task Type
4. Submission Status - Colour coded, indicating whether an assignment was submitted on time (green), late (orange) or pending (grey).
5. Teacher Feedback – All summative tasks can expect to receive feedback.
6. Points – The total displayed will be task dependent, equivalent IB Grades may be awarded where relevant.
7. Completion Check - All formative tasks will receive a 'green tick' upon submission to the platform.
Selecting this tile you will have the option to curate a portfolio, forming a picture of who you are:
1. Look for content. Find things that stand out to you. Things that are interesting and tell a little bit of the story of you.
2. Organize your content. There is no ‘right way’ to organize a portfolio but it is a good idea to think of a system that makes sense to you.
3. Make connections. Why is the content in the portfolio? How does including this make me understand a little more about who you are as a learner? And how does the content you have chosen connect with other things in your portfolio?
4. Share your portfolio. The end goal of curating a great portfolio is to showcase who you are as a learner. As you share, ask yourself if you are missing anything? Is there a part of the story of you that still needs to be told?
5. Store work. All tasks uploaded to the platform will be available for download throughout your Pamoja Online Course.
Guides & Handbooks
The Guides & Handbooks tile provides access to a number of useful learning resources for the IB Diploma programme, it is also the location of this Student Orientation once completed as part of the Quick start checklist.
Please watch this screencast for a walkthrough of the student Home page.